Received from CAC Fisherman's Bend on 23 February 1950, A68-170 went straight into storage with No 1 Aircraft Depot Detachment B at Tocumwal NSW. Ferried to RAAF Schofields via RAAF Fairbairn in August 1950, A68-170 was first operated by No 78 Wing. Transferred to No 2 Operational Training Unit in April 1952, and then No 23 (City of Brisbane) Squadron in October 1953, A68-170 had a short service career before returning to storage with No 3 Aircraft Depot in October 1956. Approved for disposal, and subsequently withdrawn, in 1959, A68-170 was held by the Queensland Flight of the Air Training Corps as an instructional aid before being issued to the RAAF Museum in September 1970, arriving dismantled. In storage at the Museum until 1990, restoration to flying condition commenced in 1991 and was completed in early 1999.